Sunday, April 19, 2009

Brunch

Everytime we have to take the kids for haircuts, we know we will have about 3 hours to kick around. It is a little far from our house to go home and wait, so we always run a few errands.
We also always go for breakfast/brunch.
A few weeks ago we found Black Walnut Cafe and I am in LOVE. Simple breakfast for a great price. Lee loves omelets and they have many to choose from, plus a make your own list as well.
In Houston, Huevos Rancheros is a big breakfast item. Just about any brunch place you go has that on the menu. That doesn't always mean it is good. And it is made/served in a variety of ways. At Black Walnut - they describe it as "Two extra-large baked eggs, chipotle Pavia sauce, black beans, corn, cilantro, cheddar, pico de gallo, red onion, flour tortillas."
They forgot an ingredient in the beans - crack. I could not stop eating them!
Lee got a spanish omlet last time but this time tried the Peppered Bacon & Red Potato Omelet "Peppered bacon, red potatoes, red onions, scallions, sour cream, cheddar, mozzarella." He really really liked it!Last night for Donald's birthday we all went to our favorite Sushi place, Blue Fish House. When they sat the plates of sushi down, you would have thought we had never eaten before. In fact, we think the waitress was afraid to put her hand in between us for fear we would bite her! In all this frenzy, I didn't take any photos. But it was damn good. Even the other meals on the menu, which we often ignore, are yummy and some have funny names.

Afterwards, we ventured to The Chocolate Bar and had dessert. I had a slice of Creamy Dreamy Truffle pie/cake something and it was super delicious. It even came with a little chocolate truffle on the side. I ate the whole thing like a heffer. It was worth it.

Tonight I am not sure what is on the menu but I think I am about to have left over taco meat and make nachos for lunch.

Lee will be out of commission for dinner all this week, but if I cook anything, I will take a photo. Heck - it may be a photo of yogurt, cereal, or mac-n-cheese but at least it's a representation of how pathetic I get when he isn't home! Even worse, the week of May 5th he is out of town in New York. I already feel the doom and gloom!

No comments: