Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fall Cooking

This weekend was awesome. Friday afternoon we got a cool front that has kept it about 65 all weekend. The windows were open in the house all weekend to let the cool air in.
Last night I made chili. "Lee's Chili" to be exact. It was wonderful.
But tonight I pulled out all the stops.
Chicken Pot Pie with Buttermilk Biscuit topping and Apple Crisp for dessert.
The recipe for the pot pie is in my American Classics cook book (i talked about it here) Page 175.I used a rotisserie chicken and added a little leeks in with the onion. I made the bacon and corn version. Get the book! You'll love it!
As for the apple crisp, I don't remember where i got the recipe but I am sure any Paula Dean or Bsrefoot Contessa version would do...I won't be cooking this week because... I will be in MEXICO!
Toodaloo!

No comments: