Monday, July 11, 2011

Stuffed Bell Peppers

My coworker, Christi, came to work the other day and brought her lunch. I asked her what she brought and she said "I made some stuffed bell peppers last night!" That got my wheels turning.

With the Costco way of purchasing, we end up with (4) packages of ground turkey. Other than meatballs or tacos, I don't really do much else with it. I decided to take a stab at this for a nice Friday Night Meal.

First, I coated the peppers and broiled them.


Meanwhile, I mixed onion, turkey, a can of rotel, and some spices in a skillet and got it cooked through. Then I loaded the peppers up.

I put these back in the oven for about 15 minutes..

Then, of course, cheese!


I put them back in about 5 minutes just to get the cheese melty.

While the cheese was melting, I took a shortcut with the rice and beans.

I basically just heated up a can of beans on the stove and put 2 of those packets of Uncle Ben's Mexican Rice in the microwave.. 60 seconds!!

It turned out to be a wonderful and easy meal and Lee LOVED IT.

5 comments:

Donna Elick said...

Looks like a lovely meal! I like the broiling the peppers first. I usually boil them, but this looks like it would give them a fantastic flavor.

Katie Elizabeth said...

Those look tasty! I love how you do stuffed peppers with yellow rice - I do that too :) Delicious!

xo katie elizabeth
ohheyylife.blogspot.com

Jessica DeWitt said...

totally look yummy... but i have post partum bell pepper indigestion... BOOO

Unknown said...

Yummy! thanks for sharing :) I love Costco, they are so much better than Sam's Club and our location carries a lot of organic products, too.
♥ Bibi

Mind if I follow you -- your blog looks mighty interesting!

Donald said...

can you make this on a monday? :D