Thursday, December 1, 2011

30 Minute Chicken Parmesean

When I get home from work, putting together a meal that is ready in time for us all to eat is a bit of a whirlwind. This meal was a product of what I had on hand and how to make it interesting!

First I flatted the chicken:
Then I sliced fresh mozarella and placed it in the middle:

Then I rolled them up, sprayed them with cooking spray and sprinkled bread crumbs on top and bottom.
I popped them into a 425 degree oven and moved on to the sauce.
At this point, I started the water for pasta.
Then I sauteed onion and garlic in a sauce pan and added a jar of simple sauce:
By the time the pasta boiled and the sauce simmered, the chicken was done (almost exactly 30 minutes!)
I put it all on a plate and whala! Semi-fancy weeknight dinner!

Logan loved it and it was very filling and healthy.

What are your go-to weeknight dinners?




2 comments:

Pineapples and Pickles said...

This looks great! Must try this.

Unknown said...

This looks awesome. I am going to have to try this one night. I have a great recipe for chicken breast you should try. You need chicken breast , jalapenos, cream cheese, and 2 packages bacon. Take some chicken breast split or make a valley down the center of chicken breast, place long slithers of cream cheese in the valley, put jalapeno slices with cream cheese, pour a little bit of jalapeno juice in there too. Wrap whole chicken breast with bacon cover and let cook. The last 5-10 minutes uncover to allow bacon to crisp. Enjoy