Friday, July 23, 2010

Oh hi...

Whoops.. it's been a long time since I have posted anything, mainly because I am either cooking something I have made a million times (turkey tacos!) or we are just eating out. Plus Lee has been really busy at work too!

A few weeks ago, I was driving home trying to think of what I could make for dinner that we hadn't had before. I had the following ingredients:

Chicken Breasts
Cherry Tomatoes (from our garden!)
Onion
Bell Pepper
Potatoes..

HEY! Kabob's!

The minute I walked in the house I got the kabobs put together so that I could marinate them at least 30 min before cooking them. I put them in a freezer bag and poured a bottle of balsamic vinaigrette on them and flipped the bag around every few minutes.
In the meantime I cubed some potatoes, coated them in a little oil, and put them in the bottom of the baking dish.

I put them at 425 for about 40 minutes and they came out like this:
They were pretty good, a little bland though. But at least I was creative and healthy huh?

Next week I plan on trying a few new things from Cooks Country this month and hopefully that puts me back in the habit of blogging again..

No comments: