Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Stir Fry and Ice Cream

I have started some new recipes this week.
First on Sunday I started the recipe for Peach and Pecan Ice Cream, from this months issue of Southern Living. Holy crap it's yum!
Then when I got home Monday, I put the cooled mixture in my ice cream machine, let it go for about 30 min (stopped it early because Lee couldn't take the noise anymore) and then put it in the freezer until after dinner.

I also picked up this month's issue of Cooks Country magazine. I love this and Cooks Illustrated because they tell you in the recipe why some things work and why they don't. They also rate condiments like mustard, ketchup, and bbq sauce. Those reviews haven't failed me once!
I can't find a link to the recipe on the website without paying for an online subscription (lame!) but if it looks good to you, email me and I will write it out for you.
Tonight is a work party at St. Arnolds brewery so I won't be cooking. Tomorrow night is Pork Marsala. I will be better prepared for the recipe posting after seeing the website issue with Cooks Country....



1 comment:

Jessica DeWitt said...

When I read the title, I thought you were making stir-fried ice cream, or you were eating them together.. and then I really thought you'd lost it!!