Saturday, July 25, 2009

Foooooooood!

2 Weeks until my reunion and I am in panic mode. I am one step away from carrot-sticks only diet.
Anyway, we have been trying to eat healthy but I threw that all out the window this morning. I will get to that in a moment.

Lee got a new grilling toy - a wire basket for grilling veggies (and maybe shrimp?) We used it the other night along with the Tuscan Grilled Chicken.Lee was out of town all week so I ate out the entire time with friends. I had visions of me eating my meal standing up by the sink, like in Must Love Dogs, and shuddered. Lee came home Friday night.
He brought me a surprise.
Lobsters.
Alive.
6 of them.
WHAT?
I cringed. How can I watch this critter die? I mean, it is one thing when you are in a restaraunt and they bring out the tail already all cooked. You never met the lobster, you didn't have any connection with him...
I was really unsure of how to handle this and felt bad that Lee was looking at me like "wow, i guess my surprise didn't work out so well?"
He put them all in my sink... and they proceeded to stare at me.
I made a face all the way until they were served onto my plate. I was really freaked out.
I will say, they didn't scream. I would have went outside. Maybe down the street. Maybe out of town.
But they didn't. I just drank 2 glasses of wine in quick succession.
When they were done, however, and I tasted the effort made by Lee (who did all the work. I just stood there and drank)... it was yummy.
Still.... I think I prefer eating lobsters I have never met.
But I appreciate Lee's super thoughtfulness in flying them home with him all the way from Maine.

1 comment:

Donald said...

at least you didn't name them...