Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Tuesday night celebration

Ben closed on a house about 1 block away from us yesterday, so we had him over to celebrate! I ran to Central Market after work and grabbed some Bone-In-Ribeye's (on sale!), broccolini, and baby red potatoes.

I can't tell you how easy this dinner was!

I put just a smidge of olive oil on the steaks - i find it carmelizes them really nicely on the grill. I then shook Lee's favorite steak seasoning all over them and let them sit out to room temp. I highly recommend letting steak sit out to room temp before you cook them, the flavor is so much better!
Then I coated the potatoes in olive oil, salt and pepper, and some fresh rosemary from my garden and put them in the oven at 425 for about 45 minutes.
Once the steaks were cooking I steamed the broccolini until just tender.

If you fancy, add a little butter to the potatoes once you sliced them. Salt the broccolini a bit and dig in!!

No comments: