Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Absentee Blogger

I need to get better at blogging, like I was when I first started STYR. But with life as crazy as it has been, things seem to fall to the wayside.

Last week and this week are Houston Restaurant Week(s). Last week we went to Feast on Friday night. This is like upscale - strange - British food (egads!) I was weary because of the strange food that was being served, but I was as brave as I could be.
Appetizers (there were 5 people btw)- Spanish Meatballs, Garlic Snails, Scallops, and Black Pudding ( blood sausage). I liked it all but the Black Pudding. It was just too strange.
Main Course - I had Fish and Scallop Pie. This was basically like a shepherd's pie and it was wonderful. Lee had Crispy Pork Belly and loved it.
Dessert - oh where do I even start? Sticky Toffee Pudding. Wow. just WOW WOW WOW. Awesome.

Then Saturday morning, because I didn't feel bloaty enough from all that food, I made a southern breakfast of bisquits, gravy, sausage, and eggs.
Then I didn't eat again until 4pm!!

Last night was turkey tacos - always a big hit. And honestly, I didn't cook on Sunday or Monday, I am not cooking the next 2 nights, and I think Friday we are hitting Pappas Steak House for Restaurant week. So please bear with me as I muddle through studying for my exam and not cooking as much.
I am looking to make a nice big meal this coming Sunday, so I will photograph that.

No comments: