Sunday, January 3, 2010

Ok - that's it.

Damn you 15 pounds that likes to hand around my midsection and laugh at me when I try putting on my skinny jeans! I declare WAR!

Lee and I got a Wii Fit Plus today and I am going to do at least an hour on it when I get home from work each day. Hopefully on weekends, weather permitting, I can also do some bike rides. Lee and I are trying to be less Couch Potato!

Also, this month's Martha Stewart Food is a good one to pick up. It's all light meals with the calories for each meal out to the side. So far I have tried 3 from the book and all got rave reviews.
Tonight I tried the Honey-Ginger Stir Fry. The only thing I changed was adding about a 1/2 tablespoon of chili-garlic sauce to add some spice. I also added Baby Bok Choy because it was at the grocery store, super cheap, and it is one of Lee's FAVORITE things!

Here is my butcher block before:
Super cute yellow bowl - part of a set I got at Target for $12 and they are all different colors.
And then here is the finished product:This was GREAT. I liked how you would get a little bite of ginger that would refresh your mouth, and then some sneaky heat from the chili sauce would get you - all wrapped up in a subtle sweetness from the honey.
YUM!
There is a shrimp stir fry on the same page I need to try - but then again - I really only like shrimp 2 ways - BBQ'd and boiled (peel and eat) so we'll see.
And I am so not made of money these days.

1 comment:

Donald said...

You probably wound up with the newer Wii Fit Plus, which is beter than the original in one key way...

The original, you would do an exercise and it would drop you back in the main menu to pick another one, which was disruptive and ate up time.

The WFP...I'm pretty sure that you can make an exercise routine and then just work through it, without having to go back to the menu.

You'll like it! It's fun, especially the step aerobics.