Friday, January 29, 2010

What's for dinner?

I had no idea last night. I hopped in my loaner Mini (standard as well. A little stressful!) and was on the way home when I turned my head and saw "Hebert's Meats" and had a great idea.
They are famous here in Houston for deboned stuffed chickens. Specifically the chicken stuffed with crawfish dressing. So I ran inside, grabbed one for $12, and got back in the car. Less than a 5 min stop.

You put it in a dish, plop it in the oven for an hour, and that's it.

I steamed some potatoes and broccolini to serve on the side.

Lee got home, peeked in the oven, and said "ALRIGHT!"
Needless to say, this chicken is a crowd pleaser.

That was my answer to dinner.

I have found it is beyond helpful to keep your pantry and fridge stocked with basic veggies. This week that has led me to throw together 3 dishes without a visit to the store (ignore the chicken I had to buy above). Along with veggies, i keep chicken in the freezer along with some frozen veggies, and rice and pasta in the cupboard. It really helps you throw together something in a pinch.

No comments: