Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekend Eating - Mom's in town!!

My mom is here visiting, and I have not seen her for 7 months! So we took on the town while she was here and ate alot of food!
Friday: We had Baby Barnaby's for breakfast/brunch before her hair appointment at Traci Scott with Justin, my hair guru.She had the breakfast tacos with chorizo and I had huevos rancheros. Yum! And not too terrible heavy either.
For dinner we went to Tia Maria's and had margaritas (and fajitas).
Saturday: Off to the Galleria we go! We stopped at Gigi's Dumpling house for lunch, which I had never been to. The prices were reasonable and the food was YUM! We had a shrimp/crab dumpling and chicken-ginger dumplings. My mom snapped a photo with her camera, I need to get it from her. They have all you can eat dim-sum on the weekends for $15 a person and it's totally worth it.
Dinner: We went off to Gravitas in the Downtown/Montrose area. I have been here many times for brunch but never for dinner. We had a really nice time!{image: kellyniemannphotography.}

We started off with stuffed calamari - which was grilled and stuffed with scallop mousse and lemongrass. It had a small salad of tempura green beans and some baby spinach on the side. Man o man was this yummy! It went perfect with our pino grigio. Then we both ordered the market catch - Flounder. It was served over a bed of mushrooms, fingerling potatoes, and green beans. It had a nice rich marsala type sauce over it as well.We finished off the meal with a little dessert - Chocolate Fondant with ice cream. We felt we needed a magnifying glass to see it!But it was still tasty!
Sunday: I had to take her to Canopy for eggs benedict. The BEST.
Sunday night I made the turkey tacos I just posted about. Very yummy and light.

Tonight is a basic meal - meatballs, potatoes, and green beans.

No comments: