Sunday, June 12, 2011

Budget Meals

So far, our budget experiment is going fairly well. We went to Costco 2 weeks ago and we STILL have meat in the freezer. In fact I have a better idea of what to shop for next time we go (this coming weekend) so that I really don't have to hit the regular store at all. The only reason we have gone back to the store at all the last 2 weeks is because we threw a get together or 2. That blows a budget fast....

I also still have some red bellpepper, lettuce, and green beans. I think I will try and convince Lee to let me make my coveted peanut noodles one night so I can use up the peppers and beans. I have some pasta that is left over for the other night.

So this week, a menu is going to be kind of "fly by the seat of my pants" idea.

Tonight I am making enchiladas, using ground turkey. I actually had all the ingredients to make my own enchilada sauce, so we will see how that goes.

Monday: Leftover Enchiladas

Tuesday - peanut noodles with stir fried chicken... PLEASE?

Wednesday will put me down to some ground turkey being in the freezer and that's it. Since it's payday finally, maybe I can hit the store for a few staples. I have potatoes but I don't really know what to do with potatoes and ground turkey.

Having to take stock of my ingredients and make up meals the last 2 weeks has made me become pretty creative!
I will post about the enchiladas tomorrow.
Have a great Sunday evening!

2 comments:

Elena (Running in Heels After Child) said...

Baked potatoes with turkey chile- yum.

Mary said...

Meal planning with what is on hand can be frustrating at times, but it is so completely worth it when you are able to see the savings.

I'll second the idea of baked potatoes with chili. Or a shepherd's pie might work depending on what other veggies you have in the house.