Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Chipotle Pulled Pork Enchiladas

Last night for Monday night dinner, we had extra guests and I found that as an excuse to be a little fancy.
Sunday I roasted a pork shoulder in onions, tomatoes, and a can of chipotles. This results in a smokey yet not too spicy meat.

We usually eat this pork in a corn tortilla with a little avacado. Since we had a ton left over, I came up with an idea to make enchiladas.

I made homemade red sauce, rolled the pork with a little monterrey jack cheese, topped it all with the sauce and sharp cheddar.

These enchiladas were A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.


I added a little sour cream, green onion, and dashes of Chipotle Tobasco. 

Donald brought wine and this week we are on "B".

I didn't really get to drink any but I heard it wasn't a real hit.

What do you cook when you are having guests over?

5 comments:

Pineapples and Pickles said...

Yummy! These looks divine.

Jessica DeWitt said...

Did Donald drink it all while you were cooking?
Those look fantastically yummy... I wish I could come over every Tuesday for dinner!

Anonymous said...

I'm a vegetarian, but The Wife loves anything with pulled pork.

I wish I could drink...

Rebeca said...

Tho look so good...excuse me while I drool.

Terry Schmidt said...

Those were delicious! Thanks again for having us over.