Friday, June 12, 2009

Simple Dinner for 2

Sometimes it is hard for me to cook for just the two of us. This doesn't mean I want a child, that seems even harder. "No! I only want Macaroni and Cheese!"
I digress.

Last night I did a basic grilled tilapia and some roasted potatoes. I almost forgot pictures...
First I squeezed one lemon over 3 filets, along with about 4 tablespoons melted butter. Salt and pepper. That's it!


I sliced up a few potatoes and put them in a dish with olive oil. Then I sauteed a little shallot and garlic and maybe 2 tablespoons of chicken broth (to get the bits off the pan) and poured that over the potatoes. I sliced a little butter in there. I just couldn't stop myself.Lee grilled the fish while the potatoes roasted. And - Wha-la! Dinner for two that is pretty healthy and really tasty.
Nice grill marks eh?

No comments: