Friday, June 19, 2009

Not your healthiest salad...

I want to start by saying I have lost 8 pounds. But I didn't eat like this everyday - just now and then..
The other night, I was on my own for dinner and had seen this recipe from Pioneer Woman and I started drooling.
I have been craving this salad ever since I made it...

Spinach Salad:

Now, I had to boil the eggs and I had bought a cute little egg timer thing a few years back for when I crave deviled eggs (like right now...). You put this in the water and it changes color as the eggs cook.. genius!
Before...
After...(I didn't catch it while cooking so I waited until it cooled) You can see the middle is darker than the rest..

The final product:Her photo is prettier but mine was taken while drooling so I can't help it.
Tasted PHENOMENAL! I am eating it tonight. Maybe I will boil some extra eggs and make deviled ones too... mmmm.
In the end, this isn't that bad of a salad - i used thin-cut bacon so there really wasn't much grease. Not like she was measuring. I used olive oil and a little butter with the mushrooms to compensate and then for the dressing - not even a whole tablespoon of grease and it still had enough dressing to make this salad.

Man I am hungry now...

1 comment:

Donald said...

ACK! That's the red thing I've been looking for and can NOT find anywhere!!!!!