Monday, June 1, 2009

I really do still cook...

I have been so bad. I made dinner on Saturday and last night, as well as breakfast yesterday!!

Saturday night we grilled steaks and I made some mushroom ravioli that I then sauteed in butter and balsamic vinegar. I roasted a pint of grape tomatoes and then smashed them with a little garlic, oil, shallot, and worcestershire sauce, served as a topper to the steak. We washed that down with a bottle of 7 Deadly Zins - actually a nice wine!! Sometimes the names are so weird it makes me not want to try the wine...

Sunday we got up and I made Migas. Lee was in heaven.

Then I roasted chicken in the oven for dinner with veggies and whipped up my Depression Recession Brownies.

I will try to post recipes later on for the ravioli (i bought frozen and just amp'd it up with the butter and vinegar) and tomatoes, as well as the Migas! I got to use a bell pepper from the garden but I have to say - not sure if we will plant them again next year. Not really getting very big and taking forever to just get one!!!

Tonight - I am making the chicken enchiladas for us that I made for my boss last week. I will try and remember a "finished" photo when they are out of the oven!

1 comment:

Donald said...

foood...sooo goooood