Sunday, November 8, 2009

Healthy Dinners - week one...

Verdicts -

Chicken and veggies and rolls - a total hit, but that one is one i make all the time
Brussell sprouts meal - was SALTY because of the proscuitto, and there wasn't any kind of sauce to help coat the pasta so it was dry. Oh well.
Salmon - this was really good. The green beans got a little too done because Lee was later than anticipated getting home - but the meal was still yummy!

When I go out to lunch at Grand Lux Cafe, I always get their Simply Grilled Salmon. It is served over horseradish mashed potatoes, roasted tomatoes and green beans, with a creamy, buttery, lemony sauce kind of drizzled over. It's just enough that you taste it but you don't really see anything on the plate.
I tried to copy that meal and it came out pretty well. I cheated and used packaged mashed potatoes and I could have kicked myself. Would it have been so hard to boil 3 potatoes and mash them with some butter?
I also baked the salmon (not broiled) because Lee wasn't home to grill and it still came out really yummy, not fishy.
So it looks like I can add salmon to some meals!
I didn't end up cooking the rest of the week, it was a hectic one!

Lee is traveling this week so I am making my favorite bacon, egg, shallot, mushroom salad tomorrow night for Donald, and then I made a big batch of french onion soup to eat for dinner this week. My pants are a little snug so I am taking Lee out of town as an opportunity to really eat small this week. I am also planning on smoothie king for lunch at least 3 days this week.

While making the french onion soup today, I was crying!
Here's why!This is 5 large sweet onions.
My house smelled good!

No comments: