Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Home Cookin

Some nights, you have to keep it simple...

And I find that lots of times, those simple meals end up being the most comforting and pleasing.

Tonight I knew I had some of that new Homestyle Kraft Mac-n-Cheese in the pantry b/c Lee and I both went into food coma's when we saw the commercials...

It's actually REALLY good, and I may try the other flavors soon.

I stopped at the store on the way home and grabbed some chicken leg 1/4's and bbq sauce, already had green beans at home..

We really like Sweet Baby Rays when we are grilling chicken and such. It's sweet and glazes well.

I salt, peppered, and seasoned the chicken with Tony's and popped it in the oven at 425 for 45 minutes. I didn't put the sauce on until the last 15 minutes.

Meanwhile I fed Logan and got him settled while Lee boiled the noodles for the pasta.

Once Logan was asleep I steamed the green beans and finished up the mac n cheese.


All in all, this was one of those meals where we were just all "mmmmmmm!" over something that was SO EASY. It reminded me of home for some reason.

What do you like to cook that is simple yet wholesome?




1 comment:

Jessica DeWitt said...

grill packets. chicken or sausage with taters and veggies... spices as preferred.... in a foil packet... on the grill for about 30! YUUU-UUUM!