Sunday, March 27, 2011

Braised Short Ribs

Saturday, we made short ribs for some friends coming over..

O.....M....G....

Recipe: Pioneer Woman (duh) Braised Short Ribs


Here, in pictures, is us cooking (I had paparazzi in the room!)
Brown bacon, remove from panDredge ribs chop veggiesChop veggies with nap-hair.Brown Ribs on all sides, remove
Add veggies to the pot - using my favorite kitchen tool - a pastry scraper

Add wine. This is NOT MY HAND... just in case you were wondering

Allow to simmer 2 minutes

Pour in beef broth

Add ribs back to pot

Add herbs (fresh is a must)

Into the oven for 3 hours - don't touch!

Holy moly...

Served with mashed potatoes and good beer/wine

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Yuuummmm!! This looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

ok so I'm new to your blog (visiting from SITS of course) and I must say that I'm officially starving and obsessing over ribs after reading this post. On my way to Starbucks I shall stop by the store to buy ribs and attempt to cook like a champ like you! ha ha

Katherines Corner said...

Drool, yum, drool some more. Hugs!

Rachel said...

Oh wow! I love your kitchen! The little tiles are so cute! The ribs look good too but I am seriously jelous of that kitchen!

Patty said...

I can almost taste the fab flavor of those ribs; imagining dipping the potatoes into some of the meat juices.

Mmmmmm...delicious!

Visiting from the best place ever...FTLOB!

Patty

Unknown said...

Welcome everyone! I am so excited to have you here! I am cooking again tonight so... stay tuned!