Friday, March 4, 2011

I'm back! I hope...

Oh hello there!!
Over the last few months I have been cooking a little here and there and either it's the same deal (tacos, spaghetti, etc) or I totally forget to take a photo! Otherwise, I make bottles all the time...

However, last night I remembered!
I have always been afraid to make peanut noodles because I was convinced all I would taste is peanut butter.... WRONG! We went to a friends house and she made this and I was in love!

So I made my own version last night. Here is the recipe:

Crunchy Noodle Salad

Now, I added chicken, which I simply salt and peppered and cooked in the skillet:Then I did snow peas rather than sugar snap because I love me some snow peas. I stir fried it all together until everything looked softened and happy.
Meanwhile I made the sauce for the noodles. Once they boiled and got everything stirred together:

I have to say, I used an entire pound of noodles and felt there was plenty of sauce on them. The recipe calls for only 1/2 a pound and I think that's too little...

Also lately, I have been making these chocolate chip cookies over and over. I didn't see the recipe until I read PW's Black Heels to Tractor Wheels and it's in the back. I just looked and it's on the website - which is nice so that I don't have to drag my Kindle into the kitchen when I want to make these.

I made a few changes, however.

I use 2 sticks of butter, no margarine. I don't like flat cookies and I feel like margarine does that.
I either use dark chocolate or semi sweet chips. I loathe milk chocolate.
I add pecans sometimes when I feel feisty.
Flaxseeds? nope.

Anyway here is the recipe:

Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Chip Cookies


This is what they looked like on my butcher block:I took a baggie of these to work with me and they didn't even last until the end of the staff meeting.

I am now trying to balance baby & work so hopefully I continue to (A) Cook new things and (B) remember to take photos... especially since I have an awesome camera now!

No comments: