Saturday, September 26, 2009

Yummy Yummy Goodness

I am a happy cook these days. Most of what I am doing is coming out really well.
About 2 weeks ago, I made some marinara sauce and sauteed some spicy italian sausage. Ben (our Sunday-night-dinner-case) brought over a little Prego jarred sauce (i know... bear with me) and the sausage.
I made my regular sauce (here) and then thickened it a bit with the prego ( i didn't want to hurt his feelings) and then I cooked the sausage and then sliced it into rings. Tossed it all together with some penne.
YUM!
It's blurry. I know. Plus the steam got in the way. The taste, however, was not affected. :)
This last Sunday, I roasted some chicken in the oven and made a mushroom risotto to go with. For the chicken, I rubbed it down with some softened butter and pushed fresh rosemary under the skin as well. It turned out sooo well. The mushroom risotto was a hit with Lee, who used to claim he doesn't like risotto. That has changed.Last night, I was craving chinese food. Chinese food is not good for you, especially when you eat out. I stopped at the store and picked up a few things so I could make chinese at home.
I sauteed some chicken breasts with onion and broccoli and a little "stir-fry-sauce." Not much because I also made sesame noodles. This is my new addiction. At the last minute i grabbed some dumplings at the sushi bar in the grocery store and sauteed those for a moment in a skillet to heat them up.
Noodle Recipe:
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 to 3 tablespoons pure sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon hot chile oil (more to taste)
4 to 5 tablespoons canola oil
a healthy squirt of Siracha sauce (if you can handle the heat)
3 to 4 green onions, sliced thin

Boil noodles, toss in sauce, garnish with green onions. YUM!

This isn't my original recipe, but i modified it a bit from one I saw recently.

Ignore my mess on the kitchen table, it is always like that these days!

No comments: