Friday, September 11, 2009

Oops...

Yeah I didn't get any photos on Labor Day. That day was STRESSFUL. Whenever you have family over it can go either way - stress or none. Oh well, the food was great and I made way way way too many beans.

This week was pretty much a no-cook week. Tuesday I had my class, Wednesday we went to Lee's sister's house for dinner, and it was so yum! Here is the recipe for what she made:

Teriyaki Sauce (we did with beef & broccoli)
1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
3 tbp packed dark brown sugar
2 tbp rice wine vinegar
1 tbp grated ginger
1 clove garlic, minced (i did more, because i love garlic)
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper

In small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and red pepper. bring to boil & cook 5 min. remove from heat & cool completely ~15 min. marinate beef for about 15 min or so. Sautee in skillet with all the drippings until about medium rare. Serve with broccolini and rice!

Thursday night I was alone so I had this:
Recipe here: Spinach Salad

I had that with this:Sweet Tea in a mason jar (from Palestine with a dogwood on it). Yes m'am, I am Texan.
I also spent some time with these:
The test is on Oct 2. I can now say I have read all the cards more than once and I know about 75% of them. There are also more quizzes i need to retake. I am TIRED!
But this cheered me up:
Thank you CW, for endless tv shows with beautiful people to distract me from the real world.

1 comment:

Donald said...

Oooh, the dish looks really good, especially with the pieces of eggs in it!

As for TV...you might like "Defying Gravity". It has the guy from Office Space on it, and it's like "Grey's Anatomy" in space.