Sunday, May 17, 2009

Saturday night's alright for grilling...

For Lee's only trip outside of the house on Saturday, we went to HEB. Lee was really really wanting to grill, even though I would have been fine with cereal for dinner!
I made a list for the week and off we went, rain and all.

Last night I made Au Gratin Potatoes while Lee grilled some Ribeye's. I am not a huge fan of Ribeye, but they were tasty.

Something happened with my Au Gratin Potatoes, the cream curdled and the parmesean cheese just didn't mesh well. It tasted ok but I need a better recipe.
I added shallots and leeks which gave a nice flavor. I think maybe next time I will try finely shredded mozzarella or white cheddar, rather than parm.After a nice meal, a few glasses of wine, and a blanket, I slept like a baby!

No comments: