Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tuesday Night Tacos

I feel guilty that this week will be alot of repeat meals. On one hand, it shows you that you don't need to cook a totally new meal each night to be happy. And I don't want to just not blog when I cook repeats.
Each time I make something - I tweak it a little bit more.

Tonight was Turkey Tacos.

We love turkey tacos. You pretend it is healthy and you don't lose any flavor due to dumping ground beef. I am slowly trying not to use ground beef unless i make a meatloaf or bbq meat balls.

Tonight I used a different kind of chopped tomato - not Rotel. One reason is because I couldn't find it at HEB, the other is because I like trying new things.
I liked this better, actually.

This was more like chopped tomatoes and japalenos, not chilis.
I also added about a tablespoon of chipotle chili powder.
I used about 4 tablespoons of the taco seasoning.
So those 3 things gave a nice kick.
Don't judge me for the 3 taco shells on my plate. I was hungry and had just been on a bike ride!
That is a fresh tomato from our garden in that bowl!I ask again for no judgement on the sour cream... it was a "dollop of daisy." light. Help me out here. Lee had 6!

Then he said "you could make this every night of the week and I would be happy!"
'Nuff said.

No comments: