Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fancy Schmancy Salad - that he hated

Last night I tried to make something healthy. I mean - short ribs and spaghetti aren't going to keep the baby weight off right?
So I tried to copy a salad I have had at a few places with chicken, walnuts, gorgonzola, and a vinigarette.

While I was preparing it, I sat out some hummus and pita chips. I am currently obsessed with hummus from Sabra that has flavors in it like roasted red pepper or spicy stuff.

Here is a shot of the ingredients - the chicken was in the skillet...
 We are trying our hardest to buy organic fruits and veggies because the pesticides are nasty and they literally do taste better.

Here is a photo of the final product:
 Lee took one bite... and I said "Well?" and he thought for a second and started with is questions:
Is this blue cheese? - kind of
What is this dressing? - vinigarette
What KIND? - sun dried tomato
Hmm...

So he didn't like it. He ate lots of hummus and chips.
I was out of wine so I had to actually deal.

I tried.
Next up - Fajitas!

2 comments:

Hi, I'm Missy! said...

I heart Sabra and I think your salad sounds yummy!!!

Jessica DeWitt said...

Well thats one of my favorite types of salads. I'll eat it with you. :)