Friday, April 8, 2011

Guacamole and Fajitas

Last night I tried to make it easy. Fajitas. What is really easier than that?

Besides going out and getting them somewhere...

I have stuck to the same basic marinade since way back in college:

 There is no science to this at all. Put chicken in a baggie (Gallon sized) pour in dressing... refrigerate overnight.
Done.
You basically need enough dressing to totally coat the chicken. So the more chicken, the more dressing.
I think you can handle that, no?

While I waited on the grill to stop emitting mile high flames cool down, I whipped up a quick batch of guacamole:
I took about 6 avacados, 1 tomato, and a little shallot and mashed it all together. Then I added a sprinkle of cayenne pepper and some cumin, and a good amount of salt...
It was pretty awesome.

Lee STILL wasn't home from work (and the grill was still on fire) so I chopped up the veggies for the fajitas...
Taken by Donald...

By now you are wondering... what's wrong with your grill?

You see, Lee was working late so he told Donald, very simply to "buy some charcoal and start the grill." So Donald bought charcoal.
Poured the ENTIRE BAG of it in the grill
And lit it

Therefore it was a solid hour before we could even try to put the chicken on.

All in all the meal as great and we had a wonderful evening.
Logan especially:
    
 

Did the cute photo distract you from the fact that I forgot to take a fajita photo? 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've never tried to make homemade guacamole. you've inspired me to try it - that picture alone looks so delicious I have a serious craving right now lol

Samantha said...

I love making fajitas. They're such a yummy, easy meal. (And yes, the cute photo did distract me from the fact that you didn't take a fajita photo, haha!)

Thanks for visiting on my SITS day!

Dawniebee12 said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! It's funny to me when people don't pay much attention to the products they are using. I will remember what one looks like the second I see it! haha. I love fajitas! That or taco night is staple in our house. Logan is adorable!