Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The BOOK

Much like the book was so important in The Devil Wears Prada, this is The Book around here.

My cookbook: Recipes Lee Likes

This is an important title because Lee is a Food A**hole (as coined by his sister). He will tell you right up if he doesn't like something, or if he loves it.

Loves it - makes it in The Book.
Hates it - we pretend it never happened and move on.

This is the cover. I think this is the 3rd binder, as I have to get bigger ones about every other year..

The Book has all kinds of stuff in it.

Magazine and Internet Recipes:I actually had him ask me one time "So is EVERYTHING we eat nowadays Pioneer Woman?"

No comment...

Some of these things are "oooh that looks good!" and I save it for just in case.
Some of these things are tried and true.

Some are family recipes:The little dividers I found have little help tips on them:I have it divided by "Sides and Marinades", "Beef and Pork", "Chicken", "Breakfast", and "Desserts."

Guess which section has the most in it....

I also made sure it had a flap in the back so I can stick freshly torn recipes out in there until I have time to try them or put them in a sheet protector. (sometimes I type them, sometimes I don't...)

What I like about having my own Book is that when making my weekly list, if nothing in my magazines stuck out, I know I have a place to go that has 100% Food A**hole approved food in it.

And sometimes, that's all you can hope for.

3 comments:

Alice said...

I am new to your blog thanks to your guest post today.
Anyways, I have a binder kind of like this too. One that I have is full of recipes from my Mama (grandma).
And I cook PW all the time. I also follow another blog where I have found good recipes and it is Torres Tidbits (she makes a weekly menu every Monday). I am looking forward to reading more of your blog.

Jaimie said...

To be honest I saw your comment on another blog that I read.. you were talking about stoner food & strawberries... I laughed so hard i figured I just HAD to come check your site out :)

my3littlebirds said...

I am too unorganized to have a binder like this but it's a GREAT idea! I think following recipes off a laptop can be difficult so maybe I'll ask my husband and kids to work on something like this for my birthday : )