Friday, May 20, 2011

Cooking FAIL

Well this week was a little off kilter as far as cooking goes.

Saturday we had a BBQ. 

Sunday we had leftovers plus some Homestyle Mac-n-Cheese

Monday: Donald came over for the Real Housewives of New Jersey premiere and I made a brand new recipe: Baked Ziti.

Man this was a fail. Lee didn't like the meatballs. I didn't like the sauce. However, goat boy Donald loved it and took it home.

Tuesday: I redeemed myself when Aunt Kelly came over for dinner and I made PW's Beef and Peppers. Next time I will cook the noodles a little less.. they got a little mushy, but the flavor was great.

Wednesday: I roasted some chicken 1/4's. On my sleep deprived brain, I put the chicken in at 350 instead of 425 so an hour later.. not done. I upped it to the correct temperature and put the oven on Convection Roast and 30 minutes later it was done. Actually - I may be onto something because the chicken was really juicy...

Thursday... we ate out. I had planned baked ziti leftovers but... yeah that didn't work out.

Next week I will try to take photos!!

1 comment:

Donald said...

The baked ziti was good.
I think it's just that you and Lee tend to enjoy something that has a stronger flavor to it.

It wasn't bland, I think it just didn't have a specific flavor that reached out and grabbed you or Lee.

I won't have to cook at all this next week, between the baked ziti and my previous meatloaf. :*