Monday, May 2, 2011

Donald "cooks"

Thursday night Donald came over for dinner and had a shopping bag in it?
"What's that?" I asked?
"Oh - I am making some cheesecake tarts to take to work. And I need your help."

Super sweet as he is, he brought all the ingredients he needed! Even eggs!
I looked at the recipe and concluded he would need a hand mixer since cream cheese isn't exactly easy to stir with a spoon...
He mastered using it one-handed
Please ignore the dieing plant in the window
Then he showed me how you make the tarts..
After you mix the cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, and sugar - you place one vanilla wafer in the cupcake pan, and spoon in the cream cheese filling.
At which point.. were they supposed to be mini?
Then you bake ay 350 for 20 minutes.. however they weren't quite ready... again we think this was meant for mini cupcakes...
So we put them back in until golden on the top.

Then you spoon pie filling on top of each tart and add a dollop of whip cream.

Donald chose blueberry. They were quite tasty!

In the meantime he asked Logan what he thinks about beer...
Oh look, he is just like his Daddy already...

6 comments:

Jessica DeWitt said...

Ok...
#1 - Cutest baby EVAAH! {except mine of course} Little boys need to know about fancy beers.
#2 - Jealous that you have a cooking buddy.
#3 - If He were on 'my team' that would be a sexy photo shoot.. beer and cake mixer?!?... Yeah! Baby!

Alice said...

Yum cheesecake!!
And my son always tries to steal my wine! Brat!

Heather M said...

YUMMMMMMM!!!!! Logan is tooooooo cute!!!! I love this blog I'm sooo excited to explore and learn! I'm an Awful cook!!!!

Jacqui' said...

those look fantastic. And the baby is too stinkin cute!

Sarah said...

Those look delicious! You're such a clean spoon-er into those cups! And, what gorgeous pictures!

Donald said...

Hmmm, might rename my blog.

"Cooking, Booze, and Chuckles"

;P