Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Monday Night Meal

Mondays are everyone's worst day. You can't go to sleep Sunday night because you slept in, and you have lots of catching up on Monday at work... so cooking dinner needs to be simple and easy.

Last night, I turned to a basic 4 ingredient meal and it was super easy and yummy!

Pesto Cheese Ravioli with Chicken

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
1 package cheese ravioli (frozen or fresh)
1 package basil pesto (Buitoni makes a nice one)
Heavy cream (optional)

Place a pot of water on the stove to boil.

Cut chicken into cubes and saute with a little olive oil in a skillet, until done.

Once ravioli is cooked, add to skillet with chicken and use about 1/2 the container of pesto, stirring to mix. If you like, add about a 1/4 cup cream and stir. You can add more pesto if your heart desires.

Serve in a bowl and sprinkle with cheese and enjoy!!

I don't really have a photo because it was all eaten up pretty quickly and I already had a few "sips' of tequila...

Tonight we went out for dinner, both craving our favorite local place, Tia Maria's. We had the usual - beef fajitas for 2. It was yummy and a nice night off from the kitchen.

Not to worry, tomorrow night is my famous roasted chicken, Lee's favorite!!

2 comments:

Donald said...

that was some goooooooooood stuff!

The Riddle Family said...

That sounds really good. I've always loved creamy pesto sauces. Who am I kidding, I love just about anything with heavy cream! I will have to try that soon!!!