Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Pork Loin is harder than it sounds...

Tonight was a simple and tasty meal. Roasted pork loin and veggies.

The thing about pork loin is that it can go dry on you within a few minutes. So you check it, not quite done, you check it again and it is sawdust. Dammit.

Anywhoo, I got mine between juicy and sawdust. I will try again another time. But it still was tasty, that's for sure.

I started by marinating a pork loin in Stubbs Pork Marinade all night and all day in a large baggie.
Oh Baggies how I love you.

When I got home from work today, I sliced some teeny potatoes and 1/2 an onion and placed them in the bottom of my olive oil'd roasting pan.Salt and pepper, done with that.
Then I put the pork loin up on top and baked at 375. I also drizzled a little more marinade on top, which settled into the veggies.

When the pork loin seemed about 10 minutes from done, I threw in some broccolini.
Sorry but I love that photo. Alot.
I'm sorry what did you say? You have not heard of broccolini? Or also called Asparation.
This lovely creature is like a cross between broccoli and asparagus (but it isn't. just seems that way.) I love it because you get the flavors and not the annoying huge heads of broccoli.
So I just drizzled some evoo on these suckers and threw them into the roasting pan for about 10-15 min.

I sliced the sorta-dry pork loin and served it up.Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy.
What ever happened to Ren and Stimpy anyway?
I think Lola and Teddy are the new Ren and Stimpy.

Anyways - dinner was yum. I had iced tea (sweet of course) and Lee had beer or something. I didn't pay attention. He is grown and gets his own beverage.
But I still cleared his plate and washed up the roasting pan with the baked on goodness.
I can't help myself!

These shots were taken without flash and I tried not to move much. Seemed to work out ok.

No comments: