Monday, April 20, 2009

Sunday Food Extravaganza!

I love Sundays in the Kitchen. Usually, I get to spend most of the day, but this week, I only had about 3 hours to accomplish what I needed to get done!
First, I got the chocolate chip cookies going. They didn't have the actual chips I wanted, so I ended up using some bigger chips that are usually used for baking. Made them kind of like chocolate chunk.
Oh whoops... you can see the one I "tested" on the rack...
Then while those were baking, I moved on to the blueberry muffins. I made a little homemade jam to swirl in. I can't take credit for this recipe, it is in Cook's Illustrated this month. Looked so good, even in black and white, I just had to make them!
Yummmmmm....
Meanwhile, since I was starving and becoming mean, I was snacking on provolone cheese and chianti salami.Meanwhile, Lee was grilling steaks and I was baking potatoes for a basic meal.And we enjoyed that with a bottle of yummy wine...For some reason, I was actually surprised when I weighed 2 more pounds this morning. Has to be something else, right?

1 comment:

The Riddle Family said...

You are so funny! Oh my god, this all looks so yummy! I made your shrimp tacos tonight and SERIOUSLY! BRE! Matt and I both were in heaven. WOW! Loved it!